Smith and Cullen are located right in the heart of Windsor, just a short
stroll from Eton Bridge and close to Datchet.
We’re proud to say our professional salon has received five stars in the Good Salon Guide, and our award winning hairdressing directors, Jason Smith and Tony Cullen, have experience in both the film and fashion industry. Their attention to detail and exceptional work has earnt them a loyal and regular customer base in Windsor and the surrounding areas.
We offer a full range of professional
hairdressing services. From cut, colour, blow dry, styling, colouring and the highest quality Balmain hair extensions to creating fabulous on-trend styles. We offer both women’s and men’s haircuts and hair care.
The beautiful salon boasts a stylish shabby chic design giving it an intimate yet buzzing atmosphere. Enjoy complementary Wi-Fi and relax whilst our talented creative team take care of your hairs every needs. This is a Salon where you are the priority, the Smith & Cullen Hair team are happy to go the extra mile.
Keeping staff & clients safe
In order to keep our customers and staff safe, we have redesigned the salon and put some new rules and guidance in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This means appointments will be a bit different than usual, but we will do all we can to ensure clients have the best experience possible, during their appointment.
- All appointments must be made prior to arriving at the salon.
- A maximum of one person only, can attend the appointment. In order to keep to social distancing rules, we can no longer allow, children, family members, friends, or pets into the salon, to also attend, without prior arrangement.
- We have created of a one-way entry and exit to the salon, so the client enters at the front of the building and exits at the back. A screened area has also been created at the front door in order to stop anyone entering when it is not physically safe to do so. Clients will be allowed in only when we are confident social distancing regulations are being adhered to.
- Masks must be worn by clients during the appointment.
- Hand sanitiser stations are provided at the entrance and exit of the premises.
- We will be asking clients to have their temperature taken by a digital thermometer before they enter the salon. This is not compulsory, and clients can refuse, however we feel that this will give other clients, and staff extra reassurance in these uncertain times.
- Adhere to 1m+ social distancing by using our visual markers.
- We advise clients that If they are classed as vulnerable, or in any way ill to reschedule the appointment as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Staff will be asked to have their temperature taken before entering the building each day, and throughout the day. If staff have a temperature of 38 degrees or over, they will be sent home before entering the premises.
- The salon has been completely redecorated, with new flooring, lighting and screening to ensure social distancing and hygiene regulations are adhered to.
- New flooring has been laid to identify section areas and new lighting has been installed for increased visibility.
- We have created a one-way entry and exit to the salon, so the client enters at the front of the building and exits at the back. A screened and roped off area have also been created at the front door, in order to stop anyone entering when it is not safe to do so. Clients will be allowed in only when we are confident social distancing regulations are being adhered to.
- Hand sanitiser stations are provided upon entering and leaving the premises.
- Coats will be stored on hangers with plastic covers.
- Mask, visors, and gloves will be worn by staff. Masks must also be worn by clients during the appointment.
- New clear vinyl screens have been installed between each section and also between each backwash and the staff room. These go beyond Government guidelines in quality and level of protection for both clients and staff.
- Plenty of visible signage including a floor-to-ceiling sign advising how to make sure you remain hygienically safe and socially distanced.
- No drinks and no magazines policy. Clients can bring in drinks, but we are not allowed to serve any drinks. We will have a water cooler with disposable cups. No magazines, no leaflets throughout the salon.
- A chair has been removed so that clients and staff can comfortably adhere to 1m+ social distancing, assisted by our visual markers.
- All stylists have their own set of all new equipment and salon tools, for which each staff member is responsible for disinfecting and sterilising after each client, in accordance with our new hygiene procedures.
New hygiene policy including
- All towels, gowns, collars, brushes, combes, clips and general equipment are used once, then cleaned and/or disinfected.
- All towel bins are Alginate-lined and then placed straight into the washing machine.
- Each section has its own Barbicide disinfectant jar and spray, to be wiped down after each appointment.
- New waste disposal policy including
- All waste double bagged and placed Smith & Cullen commercial bin.
- All products on the shelves are for display purposes only. All products to be individually purchased are unpacked upon arrival from the supplier and individually re-bagged for resale, so you view, buy and receive what you have bought, already wrapped.
- Once a month, the salon will be disinfected or “fogged” by an approved external provider.